[Public-List] Dolce in Majuro

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:48:30 PDT 2019

Glenn,

Thank you very much.

The gooseneck repair begins at timestamp 05:36 of
https://youtu.be/5oSWcbvVvHA
Not clear to me what failed and how the fix was managed.
It is clear that the worm gear for the boom furling was cut away from the
rest of the gooseneck.
Perhaps the screw that meshes with the worm gear?
Was the worm gear and its support cut to get access to the screw that
meshes with the worm gear?
If that fails does the boom come loose from the rest of the gooseneck?
Maybe so.

Have not looked in detail at this part aboard Constance.

What do you all make of it?

Jonathan

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 9:14 PM Glenn Brooks via Public-List <

> Happy to see Dolce in Majuro, Republic of the Marshall Islands.
>
> BTW, this episode has an interesting bit about the goose neck failing, and
> what the Majuro Yacht Club folks did to fix it.  Might be worth a look see.
>
> https://youtu.be/5oSWcbvVvHA
>
> Sent from my iPad

Jonathan M Bresler
S/V Constance Alberg 30 #262