[Public-List] Engine Paint Color

Ryan rnkiefer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 19:20:29 PDT 2019

Marcelo,

I'm planning on disassembling as much as I can. Disconnecting electrics,
fuel and water lines, taking out the alternator and exhaust manifold.
Covering any holes I don't want to get dust in and then going over flaking
paint or rust with a wire brush (drill attachment and hand brush) and then
a sanding to smooth the edges where the paint is still adhered well. I'll
wipe it down with mineral spirits or acetone to remove dust and lingering
oil, then apply a rust treatment where needed before painting. I'm
considering Ospho for the rust and an automotive spray paint but I haven't
decided for sure. I won't be able to reach everywhere with the spray as I'm
doing it in place so I'm also looking at some brush paints.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:17 AM Marcelo D. Gentinetta via Public-List <

-Ryan Kiefer