[Public-List] Azores - Morocco

Glenn brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Fri Sep 13 11:06:36 PDT 2019

Eric,

Three things you can do to solve water ingress, Without changing your exhaust position.  I ended up doing all three on Dolce for ocean crossings.

First put in a loop in the line it reaches all the way to the deck. As Chris said you can add a vented loop at the top also. Then add a one-way flapper valve that will close when sea water back flashes into the exhaust pipe. Finally add a muffler near the engine. The muffler breaks the flow of water with an arrow space inside the housing and is very helpful.

Anyone of these will solve the problem, however the redundancy is really nice on an ocean passage where you don’t have the luxury of making a repair.

Glenn

Sent from my iPhone