[Public-List] [EXTERNAL] Public-List Digest, Vol 3920, Issue 2

R Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Mon Sep 16 15:35:23 PDT 2019

Gord… Wasn't Sitka once used extensively for masts at some time? I'm not sure. But I agree white oak is very rot resistant and great for spreaders. Hearts of Oak and all that. I wonder why Whitby switched to aluminum. Costs? Easier to construct? At any rate, Isobar had its original white oak masts that lasted for years. I was going to make new spreaders when I took the mast down one year but found them in good shape. I just refinished and painted the tops white... Bob