[Public-List] Bottom cleaning

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Apr 23 06:56:03 PDT 2020

Here’s another try… I forgot the list won’t accept pictures or documents…

Gordon Laco
#426 Surprise
www.gordonlaco.com

Client:  “are you Gord Laco?”

Me:  “yes”

C: “my friend Ralph (I forget the real name) told me I need to talk to you”

M: What can I do for you?

C: I understand you have a business refinishing boat’s bottoms...

M: sorry, I don’t.

C: My friend says you do.

M: Sorry, I don’t.  We import and distribute Epifanes Yacht coatings, build Voyager Self Steering Vanes... Etc etc etc

C: I need the bottom of my boat sand blasted and refinished.  Can you do that for me?

M: sorry, no.

C: when did you stop doing bottoms?

M: I never did, I don’t even do my own boat.

C: Would you do my boat?

M: Sorry, no.

C: how can I get my boat’s bottom refinished?

M: well I suppose you can do it yourself, it’s messy work, or have a pro do it for you.

C: what would that cost?

M: I don’t know.

C: do you have a price list?

M: no, I only sell to dealers and sub distributors

C: I mean for the bottom jobs

M:  I don’t work on boats, I don’t do bottom jobs.

And so on......I guess he figured if he kept at me, I’d eventually say yes.  I didn’t.