[Public-List] A-4 Two blade propeller survey

Jeffrey Randall jcrandall1956 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 12:33:34 PDT 2020

Hello on a cloudy Sunday,

Also a 13/7 two blade.  I concur on the RPM limits but have reconciled it
with the fact that we are still at 5.5 or better and steady.
I also agree that to really work the boat in small spaces requires a
considerable amount of feathering of both the rpm and F/Reverse gears.
Would a 3 blade change that significantly?

And while the prop walk is considerable, I assume all sailboats similarly
susceptible.  Also, as a frugal sailor I am hesitant to fix what I feel
aint broke, at least for me.

All that said, I consider myself an aggressive but disciplined fair weather
sailor and have not experienced the worst, or even lots of just bad
weather, to test me and the boat.

Jeff Randall
Yankee Star 296

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020 at 8:06 PM Greg Hounsell via Public-List <