[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 3998, Issue 4 Two blades prop

aldworthfamily at cogeco.ca aldworthfamily at cogeco.ca
Sun Apr 26 16:41:18 PDT 2020

The prop will “windmill” with the engine in neutral. The vessel is moving forward under sail and water is flowing past the prop. With the 3 bladed prop, there will always be enough prop. surface area exposed to keep it spinning. I think with a 2 bladed props, they tend to lose thrust when in the shadow of the keel.
I have a larger motor vessel and if we shut down one engine, that prop will windmill when we are underway.
Does this sound right Gord?
Greg

Sent from Mail for Windows 10