[Public-List] Companionway Hatch

Jonathan Bresler 262alberg30 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 05:37:14 PDT 2020

You may be able to remove the hatch by pushing it fully to either starboard
or port and
getting the metal pieces below to clear the slides.

The companionway hatch on #262 (pre-liner) is held in place by four pieces
of metal
screwed to the underside of the hatch near the forward and aft ends of the
two sides
of the hatch.  The pieces of metal are flush with the outside edges of the
hatch and stick
out towards the centerline of the boat.  The pieces are under the two
slides (also metal)
that are screwed to the cabin top and run fore and aft on either side of
the companionway.

Jonathan

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 7:39 PM Tom Dodds via Public-List <

> My pre-liner boat’s sliding companionway hatch is in poor condition and
> requires significant repair or possibly replacement.
> Unfortunately, I cannot see how to remove it from the boat. What am I
> missing?
> Also, has anyone ever fashioned a fibreglass replacement?
>
> Tom Dodds
> StageOne
>
> Sent from my iPad

Jonathan M Bresler