[Public-List] Cleaning and securing a diesel tank

Greg greg at midnight-oil.us
Sun Aug 16 13:41:23 PDT 2020

Hi Folks,
Turns out I was just able to remove my fuel tank today. That surprised me since I think I read somewhere that they are too big to come out. Supposedly they were installed before the deck.The tank seems to mechanically sound. The outside needs paint and the inside needs a good scrub. I can reach all the corners thru the port. Any suggestions for a cleaning process?The shelf it was sitting one only had one good screw left and is a bit rough. It will be replaced with a similar shelf. The tank was held in place by the fill tube, rails on the shelf, and 2x6 wedged between the top of the tank and the underside of the deck. The 2x6 was the work of a PO I think from silicon sealant used to hold it in place. I'm thinking about some kind of stainless strap thru bolted to the shelf supports like a chain plate. Any suggestions?Regards,GregS/V Ayla