[Public-List] Surveying older boats? Determining if they are seaworthy...

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Aug 28 09:21:42 PDT 2020

Randy,

You want a surveyor who remembers the dread polyestermite. Newer resins
are not susceptible to this boring pest, and newer surveyors may not be
aware of it.

There's an article about the problem in
http://archive.cyca.com.au/media/3437938/offshore-june-1973.pdf in case
your surveyor needs an education.