[Public-List] Hatch Rebuild and Tiller Slack

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Dec 29 14:32:02 PST 2020

4” inches… yikes that’s a lot.   The problem is either inside the bronze casting at the rudder head.  Check to see that there is still a brass key in the slot in there, and check to see that the corresponding slot in the rudder head casting is still sharp edged as when first machined.

Hopefully the issue is there.  If not, then the problem is down in the blade of the rudder where the rudder shaft may have have come loose somehow.  Hopefully the problem is up top.

There should be no play between the rudder and the tiller at all.

Gordon Laco
www.gordonlaco.com
#426 Surprise