[Public-List] Gooseneck track repair and replacement

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 14:57:48 PDT 2020

On my boat the gooseneck track is a standard aluminum 1-inch T track,
screwed to the mast with 1/4" SS machine screws, mostly
countersunk into the tracks holes, except for the top and bottom holes.
After 40 years, the top bolt was slightly wiggly, so I re-drilled
and tapped to 5/16". 10 years after that, the track itself was
slightly worn, and since the mast was down anyway (and unlikely
to be ever down again), the track was replaced, this time backed
with another aluminum track inside the mast.

SG