[Public-List] Gooseneck track repair and replacement

Don Campbell dk.campbell at xplornet.ca
Tue Jul 28 19:56:24 PDT 2020

     James:
     That will work. I am not sure sealent is going to do much for
anything though. However, once you want a bit more performance out of
your sails and getting some power in light air on downwind runs, you
will then consider a vang.  We have had the experience in Canada that
the newer vangs from Garhauer are strong enough to pull the track off
the mast when loaded to control the main on a run. The solution to that
problem was to have the boom in a fixed position on the mast and a
bolted bracket for holding things in one place.  If at all possible, I
suggest that you try to get a backing plate inside the mast for added
strength. Ultimately, you will need it.
Don