[Public-List] Replacement Options of Lazerette Hatch (Bench) Wood

Richard Hansen rdhansenjr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 13:34:24 PDT 2020

I'm seeking your experience on options for the lazarette hatch (bench)
wood.
I've refurbished one too many times, recently putting my knee through the
port side teak (original I believe), while refinishing the comings.  I've
thought of a solid 4/4 or 5/4 inch plank of teak (or sapele mahogany) no
framing, just a solid plank (or reinforced underneath in some way). I'm
open to all wood and other non-wood (GASP!) options (except Plasteak which
I suspect is too much of a cost/investment given my limited years remaining
with Sun Spur).  While I love the look of wood, I now realize that when I
sail, cushions come out to cover the length of the cockpit seating...so I'm
sanding, heat gunning, varnishing for....?  Open to all of your thoughts
(and chastising or teasing).  Thank you.  rdhansenjr at gmail.com