[Public-List] Stern tube

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Jun 7 16:01:42 PDT 2020

Gerard,

I find it very difficult to determine the location of a leak with the
boat out of the water. Get a good flashlight and take as close a look as
you can. Look for wet spots and then look above them. Be patient.

In my case, I had failed to completely caulk the upper bolt holding the
cutless bearing housing. I saw a water droplet on the end of that bolt.

Sometimes I've used my phone to take videos of things I couldn't see
otherwise.

When you've found the general location, clean it as well as you can and
wrap a paper towel around it. See where the damp spot is.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org