[Public-List] Cutlas bearing housing

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Thu Jun 18 08:34:19 PDT 2020

That depends on whether a PO has tried to change the cutless bearing,
found the existing set screws seized, drilled them out, and gone a size
up to still have enough thread to bite :P

I'd say measure them and go for bronze (since you're inviting galvanic
corrosion between the set screw and the housing otherwise). When
measuring, inspect the threads to make sure that you don't have a PO who
just drilled out the old screws, and never bothered to tap next-size-up
threads to replace them (which given the lack of screws in there now...)

-Kris

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/