[Public-List] Fwd: Re: More on the J boats collision

Don Campbell dk.campbell at xplornet.ca
Wed Mar 18 13:45:32 PDT 2020

the protest decision was here:
https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Protest.pdf
Topaz was driven by Peter Holmberg, also an Olympic silver medalist and the
driver of Alinghi as well. He won in that boat, so two very experienced men
who know the rules. I saw a comment that Svea had both the main and foresail
sheeted in so there was no possibility of turning down. Also from the video
it looked to me as if the first boat to tack and hence the most upwind on
starboard had turned down a bit and so Topaz may have turned up to avoid a
collision course with that boat before luffing up at the collision.
Don