[Public-List] Hull painting

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Tue May 19 04:08:23 PDT 2020

Show quality paint jobs for cars can be that much, so reasonable is very
much subjective. To me, DIY is what is reasonable for a sailboat. I have
done Checkmate several times with a linear urethane roll and tip, in
black (shows the most imperfections), for labor (mine and Karen's) and a
few hundred dollars, and have been happy-but I am not a perfectionist.
It's about time for another go (it's about 15 years between coats) and
am reconsidering the urethane thing. This spring I painted another boat
(a center console) with brightside. It's nicely shiny, less complex
application, and touching up is simple, if it comes to that. Brushing
liquid made it flow out, it looks sprayed.
my .02
MichaelGrosh