[Public-List] Fwd: Alberg 30 1967 (240) on the hard at Hartge Yacht Harbor, Galesville, MD 20765

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Nov 20 17:22:04 PST 2020

I've received a couple direct replies on this topic.

I do not have any photos or know what work it needs. I do not know the
current condition of the boat. If you want to know that, my advice is to
call Hartge Yacht Harbor in Galesville, MD. This boat has passed through
several owners since I've last rafted up with it.

My advice is to be prepared for it to be a mess cosmetically, for all
the deck fittings and through-hulls to need rebedding, for hoses and
seals to need to be replaced, for the fuel to need to be discarded.
Beyond that, systems such as the head and engine are likely to need work
from neglect. This is all my guess based on what I've seen happen when a
boat is neglected.

I do know that a previous owner replaced the Atomic 4 with a Yanmar
diesel about 20 years ago.

If anyone is seriously interested in pursuing this boat, let me know and
I will forward your message to the current owner. I won't be an
intermediary beyond that.

I do hope that someone rescues this boat that I remember as a fine,
well-maintained boat once upon a time.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org