[Public-List] Not quite a Misery Cruise...

Penn Hackney penn at att.net
Thu Oct 15 22:44:30 PDT 2020

Straying from sailing, I cannot resist suggesting that the shifting of Thanksgiving has given rise to urban legends.  Here’s from The History Channel summarizing the changes from Washington through Lincoln to F.D.R.:

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fdr-establishes-modern-thanksgiving-holiday

And with a bit more nuance Including the business interests involved, from National Public Radio:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/28/782903637/why-we-celebrate-thanksgiving-on-the-4th-thursday-of-november

—
Penn Hackney
Pittsburgh, PA