[Public-List] USCG Aids to Navigation

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Oct 16 15:57:37 PDT 2020

notice from BoatUS:

Last Chance for East Coast Boaters to Be Heard
on Shallow Draft Waterway Aids to Navigation Survey

Deadline Nov. 1

SPRINGFIELD, Va., Oct. 15, 2020 – West and Gulf coast recreational
boaters have already spoken. Now the U.S. Coast Guard is asking East
Coast boaters, in a short, 5-minute online survey, to weigh in about the
Aids to Navigation (ATON) system on shallow draft waterways — those East
Coast waters less than 12-feet in depth. Time is running out though: The
survey period ends November 1.

“BoatUS appreciates the U.S. Coast Guard for not only maintaining our
country’s ATON system that’s critical to the safe navigation of nearly
12 million recreational boaters, but also for listening to their needs,”
said BoatUS Government Affairs Manager David Kennedy. “This can only
help make for a better ATON system.”

Survey questions include the number of years of boating experience you
have, where you boat and how often, the types of navigation tools you
use aboard your vessel, and others.

The Coast Guard urges East Coast recreational boaters, government agency
boat operators and commercial operators (fishing/construction/cargo) to
take the survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ShallowWaterWAMS.

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org