[Public-List] Mainsail configurations

Mike Nikolich mike.nikolich550 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:19:17 PDT 2021

I'm not so sure that having slugs along the foot violates the class rules.

The Chesapeake Bay class rule states "All mainsails shall, when in use, be attached to the spars for the full length of the luff and foot. No loose-footed mainsails shall be used."
Other than the explicit prohibition of loose-footed mains the rule treats the luff and foot equally. Mainsails with external track slides attached at intervals along the luff are common, if not universal among the fleet. Why would slugs along the entire foot be different?

I'll let Don or somebody else up North tell us if the Great Lakes Alberg Association rules are worded the same way.

Mike

Mike Nikolich
S/V Skybird
Alberg 30 #550