[Public-List] Twings and In-haulers

Greg Roberts greg at midnight-oil.us
Sun Apr 18 12:21:29 PDT 2021

Hi Folks,I crew on a 27' Seascape that doesn't have any tracks. It
uses low friction rings and control lines to set the headsail sheeting
angle. I know the concept has been around a long time but seems to
have come back around with the low friction rings and dyneema lines.
Has anyone tried this with our boat? I've pulled my toe rail and am in
the process of getting ready to replace it. I wouldn't mind not
reinstalling the track. I really like the simplicity of the
components: lines, rings, and padeyes. I still have the original
track, cars, and blocks so this isn't a cost question.
Regards,
Greg