[Public-List] Rudder and cabin roof cross beam

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Aug 3 07:43:03 PDT 2021

Hello Gerry,

Well the cure for the rudder is still the same… fill the holes in the rudder head fitting with welding or brazing, then carefully redrill so you end up with the correct orientation to have zero helm when the rudder is at zero degrees.

I’ll assume you do not have a warp in the rudder blade?  I think a twist in the shaft is not possible, the blade would shear off or that bolt up top would shear before the shaft twisted.

With regard to the mast beam plates, I think there is quite specific information on that on the Alberg 30 Association our American cousins keep at http://alberg30.org <http://alberg30.org/>

Cheers

Gordon Laco
426 Surprise