[Public-List] Port Light-Acrylic Order & Sizes

Jay jbird252 at tidetalk.com
Mon Feb 1 11:21:52 PST 2021

Folks, if interested in changing out the port lights with tinted (or
clear) acrylic plastic, here are the sizes and correct thickness after
the conversions. I bought them from Canal Plastic Inc. out of NY, and
that was after doing  research and looking into using Acrylic vs
Polycarbonate, which I'm very happy with my decision. I wasn't wanting
to have to replace the Polycarbonate portlights (again) in another few
years, plus the Acrylic from what I read (and experienced) is much
easier to work with.

These (precut from the factory) sizes fit like a glove on our A30 (#293)
and all I had to do (besides get the old ones out and replace, clean up
frames and reinstall) was to use the the old one as a template and trace
it out on the new ones. Hint: leave the paper on the new ones until
installation. I bought new acrylic jig saw blades to use. I did use old
school butyl bedding tape, which I also highly recommend using. I also
highly recommend using an electric scraper like the one I purchased at
Harbor Freight (on the cheap) for removing the old gunky sealants. Each
window took about 4-6 hours to do from getting the old one out, cutting
and replacing with the new ones. I also took the time to clean up the
old aluminum frames. Good luck on the project, but I thought I'd share
the dimensions and some tips that would save someone time on measuring
as well as locating a dealer. They are now installed and look like a
million dollars and it was one job well worth it...according to my 1st
mate & wife. :)

Buy at: https://www.canalplastic.com/

 The 1/2" was the companion way (1 piece) replacement:

 Gray Smoke Acrylic Sheet × 1
Custom Size / 1/2" (0.472" / 12.0mm)
Custom Width (inches): : 21.3125
Custom Length (inches): : 25.5