[Public-List] Toe Rail Update

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Feb 4 04:16:12 PST 2021

Good morning Greg,

Are you sure you don’t want to use wood?

I cannot imagine why anyone would put a bow chock three fee aft from the bow… normally the are inches aft on either side of the forestay… they’re useless if they are further aft.

Bedding the toe rail (whatever the material it is) is best done with something you can remove later.

Sealing the deck to hull joint is best done with something which cannot ever be removed… thickened epoxy with a reinforcing lamination of fibreglass cloth is a good way to do it.

Reconfiguring the stern to let water run straight aft is not a practical way to let water off the deck… when the yacht is at rest the lowest point her her shear is about 1/3 of her length forward from the stern… that is were there must be a scupper(s).

Gordon Laco
#426 Surprise
www.gordonlaco.com