[Public-List] cutlass housing replacement

Michael Connolly crufone at comcast.net
Sun Jan 17 11:10:45 PST 2021

Greg,
My thoughts exactly.  Easy enough to braze, silver solder or even soft solder.  Afterwhich you can have the threads recut with a pipe tap. The soft solder technique is weak, but strength is not required and it will be easier to recut the threads. A metal filler is better than trying to use some sort of sealant. The tapered thread is the sealing surface. Use some Teflon tape or other compound to make to easier to get apart again.  This is a maintenance item,................you don't want to make it any harder to get apart than necessary. OH! BTW don't go back to that same shop......ever!
Michael #133