[Public-List] cutlass housing replacement

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sun Jan 17 12:42:45 PST 2021

Greg,

How awful!

I'm told that Buck Algonquin makes a cutless bearing housing that fits.
See http://alberg30.org/maintenance/MechanicalPropulsion/CutlessBearing/

If you can't replace, I think brazing and rethreading is a smart idea.
If in a hurry, you could use 5200 when threading the housing onto the
stern tube, but I would think you'd want someone holding the stern tube
on the inside when trying to unthread it later. In any event, 5200
softens when the metal is heated with a torch.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org