[Public-List] Unnecessary excitement.

Jeffrey Randall jcrandall1956 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:04:34 PDT 2021

I've suddenly experienced a string of more than needed excitement in my
sailboat runs.  To use a flying term, one too many IFEs. ( in flight
emergencies). Mind you, excitement is not always an IFE, but does ratchet
up the adrenaline and decision making.

I might  even be getting a bit gun shy.  Some of the experiences are
admittedly a series of decisions after a self inflicted marginal decision
or just a function of a 50 year old boat and motor.

Or is it all "just sailing"?   And I should continue to make my way to the
boat anytime the sun and wind offer another beautiful sailing day and
deal with what the day brings.  Another flying analogy is.. any landing you
walk away from is a good landing.  But that bar is not set particularly
high. Anyone else go through such thoughts or doubts.  Looking for others

Sincerely,

Jeff Randall
Yankee Star 296