[Public-List] Unnecessary excitement.

Taft Gerry gftaft at yahoo.ca
Sat Jul 3 13:10:24 PDT 2021

 Jeff,
I have been sailing for 45 years.  15 foot catamarans to a 65 footer.  I have experienced many highs and lows along the way.  Similar to flying a plane, climbing mountains, or riding a bicycle from coast to coast, if it was easy more people would do it.  But those who have done something challenging will tell you about their sense of accomplishment both physical and mental.
I assume you are new to sailing. It can certainly be overwhelming if the conditions exceed your confidence.  Perhaps if you can find a friend nearby who has more experience they can help you develop the knowledge and skills to appreciate the magic you most surely were anticipating when you bought the boat.

You have a good boat, and she will take care of you.

Gerry, Kia Ora #103