[Public-List] Unnecessary excitement.

Jeffrey Randall jcrandall1956 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 03:55:17 PDT 2021

All excellent perspectives and I fully appreciate them. I am not
necessarily new to sailing or the Berg just a string of Aw-shits in a row
got me thinking. The community here is full of smart individuals who have
had the chance to self test in situations like mine.  In retrospect, my
IFEs have been well short of life threatening, overcome each time with some
common sailing sense, good judgement and understanding of the conditions.
My goal is to always keep the situations just that, manageable, recoverable
and WELL short of becoming life threatening.  And to try real hard to never
make the same mistake twice.

99% sheer joy as the sails fill while  Mother Nature and Carl Alberg put
the biggest of smiles on each of us. 1 % is put to the self reliance we all
build through the other stuff is worth it.  I suspect each of us has looked
at how we handled the anxious times and we are still here.  And we plan to
be till we can no longer scramble to the forestay and to work on the fouled
jib as the weather gets nasty. Thanks
Sincerely,

Jeff Randall