[Public-List] A30 Hull Prismatic Coefficient

Kris Coward kris at melon.org
Mon Jun 28 20:34:38 PDT 2021

What sort of transmission are you looking to use? When I built my
electric, I went with a timing belt (H type -- I initially went with
double V-belts, but they'd slip too much when the prop would get fouled
with weeds; I'd love something that would slip when the prop's fould
with something heavy enough to bend the shaft or wreck the alignment,
like a mooring line or a sheet, but still grippy enough to rip through
dense weeds, and ended up having to err on the side of actually being
able to get out sailing).

-K

Kris Coward					http://unripe.melon.org/