[Public-List] Solent stay

Marcelo Gentinetta vanguard64 at cox.net
Sun Mar 7 17:37:32 PST 2021

Good afternoon,
I have been researching how to add a Solent stay to 441 for extra piece of mind when it really blows. I am reluctant to use my 140 furled down to avoid stretching it. I am curious how others have done this on our boats. I am thinking that it should be detachable so as to avoid having to furl the Genoa every time we tack. I am curious how far aft from the present forestay it should be and how far down from the masthead it should attach so as not to require a baby stay.
I appreciate the input,
Marcelo