[Public-List] LED conversions

Mike Lehman mlehman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 12:30:22 PST 2021

Jeff,

I installed a Forespar Deck/Steaming combo light many, many years ago and
it is great. Mine is not LED, but they now have an LED version now. Here's
my thought...When the steaming light is on...so is the engine. With the
deck light...it is only used for periods and having it mounted on the front
side of the mast, instead of spreader lights, the vision for the skipper in
the cockpit is not blinded by the light all he sees is a lit up fore deck.
I highly recommend this change. You can see them at:

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwisqMjnyqvvAhUSj8gKHcLHARsYABAMGgJxdQ&sig=AOD64_1gzLukSO-AzzIvBzgnoPzCRcXk8A&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjUycHnyqvvAhWjMVkFHe1xCyAQwjwIRQ&adurl=

On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 1:08 PM Jeffrey Randall via Public-List <

> Hello all,
>
> I'm refinishing my spreaders and want to refit them with led bars.  Does
> anyone have suggestions or insights?  Due to constraints at the Portsmouth
> Naval yard in NH we need to launch on 10 April.  At least 45 days sooner
> than usual.  So, it happens now or my wife will be a "lofty electrician"..
> --
> Sincerely,
>

> Jeff Randall
> Yankee Star. 296