[Public-List] cutlass housing replacement

Greg Wallis gregwallis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 06:02:12 PDT 2021

Thanks for all your replies and help everybody.

I ended up carefully smushing some JB-Weld into the threads and then using
a piece of 1 inch NPT threaded pipe from the hardware store to "shape" the
wet JB-Weld.  I just screwed and unscrewed the pipe through the gooey
threads slowly a few times and the stuff held it's shape just fine while it
dried.

It took 3 very small coats to fill those damaged threads in completely.
The result looks pretty much perfect and the stern tube threads into it
just fine.

I water tested the housing in the sink overnight and it's not leaking.  So
I think the problem is solved.

Thanks again
Greg