[Public-List] Gooseneck Replacement

Mike Lehman mlehman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 10:17:47 PDT 2021

I fixed my boom in the highest position by repealing the counter sunk bolt
with a hex-head bolt beneath the car. Instead of adjusting the luff tension
by raising and lowering the boom on the mast, I installed a 4-part purchase
cunningham downhaul with a hook through the lower cringle in the mainsail.
(class legal for racing). Much easier to adjust luff tension.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 10:55 AM Gordon Laco via Public-List <

> Hello Al,
>
> A plate won’t allow the gooseneck to move on the mast, depriving the main
> of an important setting adjustment.   You can repair the track by replacing
> the factory installed wood with new wood or as we did, sythnetic material
> called ’star board’.  Very easy job, and nothing is lost in the process.
>

> Gordon Laco
> 426 Surprise
>

> > On Mar 17, 2021, at 10:51 AM, Alexander Mitchell via Public-List <
> >
> > Hi every,
> >
> > Al Mitchell, new owner of Rascal #145, trying to fix up the boat to get
> it
> > into the water.  The gooseneck track has come off and I was hoping to
> > replace it with a fixed gooseneck plate.  Any recommendations on where to
> > source one?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Al
> > Rascal #145