[Public-List] Gooseneck replacement

David Tessier dfjtessier at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 17 23:43:51 PDT 2021

The track for my sliding gooseneck broke partially loose in 2008. Garhauer made me a fixed gooseneck bracket the next year. I attached it to the mast with 2x4=8 SS machine screws, screwed to two elongated internal (to the mast) SS backing plates conceived by me and made by Garhauer; each plate has 4 SS nylok nuts welded into holes therein; they told me this welding of nylok nuts was a new idea to them.  I ought to share some pics of the parts and my installation method.  ‎Garhauer never returned my aluminium sheet pattern for the mast aft section profile. Maybe they still have it. ;-)

The modified gooseneck has proven quite sturdy with no failures so far.‎ I know of one Alberg 37 ex Toronto whose sliding gooseneck had to be re-fastened at least once on a passage across the Pacific Ocean to Australia. This report motivated me to go for a fixed gooseneck.

Cheers,
‎David Tessier, #319