[Public-List] renewing mainsail track fasteners

Michael dickdurk at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 06:51:17 PDT 2021

I did not see this on the maintenance page, but I think it has been
covered here in the past, and of course, I have forgotten what the
consensus was.
I have had several failures over the years of the pop rivets holding the
sail track on the mast-my track is the what looks like some kind of
copper alloy-not that that makes a difference in my problem (I think).
This is a year that I pull the mast, and my intention is to fix it right
and fix it once. So, 1. oval head sheer metal screws? 2. Aluminum pop
rivets? 3. SS pop rivets-or something harder than aluminum (if such a
thing exists)?
I do not pull the boat out of water all that often, and pull the mast
even less-apologies to Gordon. On the other hand, the Epiphanes paint
job I did last winter on the Center Console turned out great-I'm doing
the real boat this season-Thanks Gordon.

Michael Grosh