[Public-List] Laquer for brass/bronze

R Kirk isobar at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 17:32:06 PDT 2021

You're right, of course. Except for at home where I've had nicely lacquered barometers, compasses, clocks staying bright for years. But at sea they need constant polishing. If you're a martinet to your crew that could work. (On a destroyer, the lowliest seaman kept the binnacle polished daily.) Otherwise, a green patina is lovely.