[Public-List] Water tank repairs

gdinwiddie at alberg30.org gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Sep 15 13:28:52 PDT 2021

Wade,

There are a number of articles in the maintenance manual (available to
Association members) and an article on the website
(https://alberg30.org/maintenance/Plumbing/WatertankRepair/). A quick
synopsis:

  - The rivets holding the top of the tank leak when the sealant under
the top starts to go. Use self-tapping screws, instead.
  - Aluminum corrodes. Either seal the underside of the tank top with
epoxy, or replace it with a material that doesn't corrode.
  - Check for cracks in the bulkhead forming the aft end of the tank.

George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org