[Public-List] Dolor sailor on Alberg 30 made it to Hawaii, broken, rudder

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Thu Sep 23 14:02:13 PDT 2021

Many used yawls and ketches to help with self steering… there were sloops but I reckon we’re in agreement they’re not so easy to balance…  I’m not coming up with names at the moment but I’ve got a book here titled ’The Single Handers’ which lists them… some were sloops but most were yawls and ketches (or schooners)

Gordon Laco
426 Surprise