[Public-List] Cutlass Bearing Replacement

Clay Pass clay.q.pass at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:14:00 PDT 2022

I used the Buck Algonquin Barracuda bearing 7/8" id and cut it to length
with a hacksaw. Here is a link, you can find something similar in another
brand perhaps if this one is hard to find.  You can align this with the
prop shaft on the hard by adjusting the motor mounts until the shaft exits
the hull hole perfectly centered, or another way of saying that the shaft
exerts no side or other pressure on the bearing when the bearing and mount
are bolted to the hull.  I.e. the assembly slips onto the shaft and the
bolt holes are perfectly aligned to the holes in the hull.

Part Number BARRACUDA, Naval Brass Sleeve Bearings - For Struts or Stern
Tubes On Hydrasearch Recreational-Buck Algonquin
<https://catalog.hydrasearchrecreational.com/item/sleeve-bearings/al-brass-sleeve-bearings-for-struts-or-stern-tubes/barracuda>

On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 4:49 PM George Dinwiddie via Public-List <