[Public-List] Dripless shaft seal- a cautionary tale

Mike Lehman mlehman at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 10:37:06 PDT 2022

The old bronze stuffing box is more reliable and when teflon packing is
installed properly it can be tighten to a no-drip seal...i check mine
frequently to make sure it doesn't get hot. I've heard stories, like yours,
about sudden failures with bellows and would also worry about freezing in
the winter with water trapped inside the bellows causing premature
failure.  Good to hear you took fast action to prevent sinking.

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022, 12:48 PM Greg Bover via Public-List <