[Public-List] A30 struck by power boat: Serial number on pre-liner A30

David Tessier dfjtessier at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 14:12:55 PDT 2022

‎Whilst an anchor one night recently, my A30 #319 was struck ‎by a power boat and severely damaged. Everyone on both boats said they were uninjured. With a demolished cockpit (toe rail, both coamings, pushpit, solar panel and tracker, cleats, primary winches, severed backstay, splintered companionway hatch...) and more (fallen severely bent mast, damaged stem casting, damaged hull/deck joint at point of impact, possibly damaesd forestay/furler,...) it is looking to all who have seen the boat as a total loss.

I am working through the aftermath with my insurance company.
Question: I am asked for a photo of a serial number on my A30. Does a 1968 A30 have such a serial number? It seems to me that this re-dates the H.I.N. system.

What a sad mess.

David Tessier, #319