[Public-List] What finish to use on teak cockpit seats

Stephen Gwyn stephen.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 14:54:28 PST 2022

I reclaim a fair amount of wood for projects. I just made a book
shelf out of somebody's cockpit grating. It's fine for me,
but I can easily see why people don't bother. It always has
holes, or gaps or nails or whatnot in the most inconvenient
places. For example: here's a picture frame (framing a picture
from an article I wrote for Practical Boat Owner) made out of
teak decking. I had to put the plugs in where the screws
had been, but whoever didn't do it evenly so the plugs
aren't evenly spaced. And getting that much straight wood
meant cutting off a lot of curves.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8PTNm2oS6FuR3KiB8

SG