[Public-List] Internal mounting of depth sounder??

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:14:03 PST 2022

I'm currently in the process of upgrading Checkmate's electronics. I have
been unhappy with depth finder performance in the past, both internally
(with an oil filled can) and with thruhull-the last iteration. The Garmin
combo plotter I am installing, as an accessory, offers a bronze thru hull
($189.00) that internally has a 20 degree cant to compensate for deadrise.
I think Garmin says unit projects 3/16" past hull, if I recall correctly. I
hope it works.
Doing what I do, I find depth finders of marginal usefullness. I am always
hoping depth will start increasing, anytime  now, until it is too late.
Nonethless, I like equipment on board  to perform the way it is supposed
to. I hope to find out about mid may.
Michael Grosh

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022, 09:14 Jonathan Bresler via Public-List <