[Public-List] Internal mounting of depth sounder??

Mike Meinhold meinhold272 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 13:57:12 PST 2022

Wow ! 100 foot warning?

I regularly tack up the Chesapeake rivers with a paper chart and the depth
sounder.  I don’t rely on it for absolute depth but relative depth. If the
chart tells me it is a steep shoal, I tack on 10 feet. It it’s a gradual
shoal, 6 feet.

I have mine external, flush with the hull. Of course it loses some of the
straight down return, but it’s plenty reliable .

Mike
Rinn Duin #272

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 16:48 Stephen Gwyn via Public-List <