[Public-List] Public-List Digest, Vol 4283, Issue 3

gewhite at crosslink.net gewhite at crosslink.net
Sun Feb 20 09:19:39 PST 2022

     Chesapeake Bay, where we sail, is notorious for shifting sandbars. We
   sailed across the Bay to Onancock a couple of years ago and ran pretty
   hard aground about 30 feet from a navigation buoy (and on the correct
   side!) When we finally got into Onancock we learned that the Coast
   Guard had not adjusted the buoys for the channel changing its route. At
   the entrance to our creek, which has three times since 1978 (most
   recently in 2020) been dredged to seven feet, the chart shows one foot.
   The Coast Guard knows the correct depth and I have written to NOAA, to
   no avail.

    - Gordon White