[Public-List] Tiller Pilots

Michael Grosh dickdurk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:04:49 PDT 2022

I have been using the st 2000 for quite a few years and am happy with it. A
couple of things-it seems to be voltage sensitive so 14 guage wire or
better (12) from the fuse block is important. And where the recommended
position for the pin on the tiller is ends up being fairly low, vertically
speaking. I have been using a 1/4" rod for clearance (maybe about 3" long)
but that requires the seat cushion not being in place. The 5" or so needed
to clear that seems like a lot to ask of the hole drilled in the tiller,
torsion wise. So this year, I fabricated a clamp to go around the tiller,
filling in the previous hole with epoxy. I'll be using that rig for the
first time this weekend; I am optimistic.

On Wed, Jul 13, 2022, 17:09 Alexander Mitchell via Public-List <