[Public-List] [Ext] Re: Chain plates...

Alexander Mitchell amitche8 at hawk.iit.edu
Thu Mar 17 06:27:04 PDT 2022

On a family member's sailboat I pulled the chainplates through the deck in
a decent 15 knots of wind.  I didn't really notice it, had the bimini up
and wasn't watching the sail because I was happy with the 6 knots we were
making. She is an Island Bahama 30, and the chainplates were bolted to some
plywood bulkheads that had been leaking horribly.  I looked up at the mast
and it was dog-legged, thank God it did not snap.

Number one source of paranoia for me now when sailing, thanks Gordon for
the reminder to check again.

Al
Rascal #145

On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 8:19 AM Jeff Randall via Public-List <

Al Mitchell
815-579-4968